Wednesday 1 October 2014

Tone Work Diary

Evaluation: 



Initially, I had trouble actually understanding the definition of what 'tone' is, for when I searched for it on the internet, only images of black and white photographs came up. Prior to learning about how tone is used in photography, I thought tone was a word for describing a variety of colours, when it is in fact a word used to show the differences between brightness and darkness within a colour or shade. So, having only just found this out, I evidently found it difficult to find any good examples of tone within the environment of Harlow College. However, I did come across some plants that were white and brown, which, I thought with the black and white settings on my camera, would come out looking quite nice.


A second photograph that I am quite proud of is of a pathway, which, due to water and time, has changed colours. I thought that due to this colour change, the pavement would look alright with the black and white settings. This was the resultant photograph, after editing it: 


Progression:

If there was one thing in this part of the photography course that I felt that I did incorrectly, it's that I didn't sharpen the images as much as I would have liked to, and most of them were actually quite blurry. To prevent this in future, I will allow the camera enough time to focus properly before I capture the actual photograph. Also, I want to practice aligning my photographs properly before taking the photograph due to the fact that a few of my photographs recently have been quite wonky, and I wish to improve on that.

An example of a focused picture that is what I intend to aim my wanted improvements towards is by Jessica Dawson:

No comments:

Post a Comment