Thursday 16 October 2014

Shape Work Diary

Evaluation:

Throughout the last few shoots of formal elements, I have been lacking in the number of photographs that I take. Having been informed of this by my tutor, I decided that I would try and capture many pictures of shape to the best of my ability. As it was bright out, I decided that outside shapes would be the main focus of this session. I came across a path of stone tiles that I thought would suit perfectly into the category of 'shape'. This is what the tile came out looking like after I took the photo of it:


I then went on to find shapes inside any buildings, so I went to the university centre, and came across a reflective design with circles in it. Circles are definitely in what is deemed to be a shape, so I took a picture of it. This was the outcome:


Progression:

If I was asked to redo the session, I would try and find shapes that can be found outside college grounds, because all of my photographs were taken inside the college. Also, I would like to have found more shapes that were less basic than circles, squares and triangles, which would mean trying to find more shapes that are natural, and less that are man made. An example of a shape that someone has used that I liked is Keir's, who actually placed an object in a specific place in order to give off the desired effect.




No comments:

Post a Comment