Thursday 2 October 2014

Movement Work Diary

Evaluation: 

I thought, when I was informed that I would be taking pictures of movement in the session, that it would be extremely difficult to portray motion without the entire picture being a blurry mess. However, I was taught about a setting on the camera called the Shutter Speed setting, which allowed the camera to take pictures of motion without the picture looking absolutely ridiculous. With this setting on my camera, I found the task a lot more easy than I thought it would be, prior to learning about the Shutter Speed setting. Below is a picture of one of my classmates jumping. Her legs still positioned on the floor, and they are seen jumping in midair, due to the Shutter Speed setting.


After I tested what would happen if we jumped up and down, I then decided that it would be a good idea to use a swivel chair to portray movement. This was the outcome of this idea, which I feel went quite successfully:



Progression:

My only regret throughout the entirety of this session is that I did not manage to capture as many photographs as I would have liked. This may have been because my camera took a while to take photographs on the Shutter Speed setting, but it also may have been because I lacked ideas that weren't similar to each other that portrayed movement, other than the opening of a door, jumping up and down, walking down some stairs, and spinning on a swivel chair. So, if I was to go out and shoot movement again, I would definitely take the time to think of some more ideas prior to the session, so I am ready to complete taking photographs once the session begins. I would also aspire to take more photographs like this one: 


No comments:

Post a Comment