Sunday 12 October 2014

Texture Work Diary


 Evaluation:

For me, the texture session was one of the easiest that I have done so far. I thought finding textures in the college vicinity would be difficult, but it proved to be quite an easy and fun topic to take pictures of. The first thing I came across that could be described to have a texture is a rough carpet in a hallway. I liked this photograph after editing it, because it really shows the detail in the carpet that wouldn't be visible at a glance with the naked eye.


After this one photo, I began to see exactly what was required of me in the session of texture, so I went outside to see if there was anything out there remotely similar. Luckily, there was. A pipe with some soft material on it was next to the building I was working in, and the light from the sun was shining directly onto it. This was the outcome of the photograph once I had captured it on camera edited it 



Progression:

If I was to go out and take pictures of texture again, I would allow myself more time to focus on the image entirely. I found that a lot of my photographs were out of focus, and if they were sharp, would have made very good representations of texture within photography. This, however, is my only regret, for I thought the texture session went somewhat well in comparison to some of the other sessions. Here is an example of a photograph taken by George in the texture shoot that is both sharp, and perfectly portrays texture: 



No comments:

Post a Comment