Sunday 30 November 2014

Pre-Completion Evaluation

Ever since I wrote my mid-project evaluation, my opinion of photography has not changed to a great extent, if anything, I find it more enjoyable. I find both the shoots and the editing of the photographs fun to do, and whilst there may be a lot of writing about photographers and their individual styles, I find the overall subject very much enjoyable and often look forward to the days in which I take the photographs. Also, I have found that my skills in photography have improved by a lot ever since I began, due to being taught the correct ways to hold the camera and what angles are best to take photographs at.

I found that my favourite part of the entire course of photography was the second walk shoot. This is due to the fact that I was able to find many examples of autumn colours, back of heads and journey photographs. I also really enjoyed the Mapplethorpe shoots, due to the fact that it was different to any of the formal elements or any of the other shoots that weren't formal elements that I had taken since the beginning of the course.

I found that my least favourite part of the entire course of photography was the multiple imagery shoot. I found this shoot extremely difficult due to the fact that at the beginning of the shoot, I was extremely confused as to what I was actually trying to capture. However, after being informed, I went out and shot multiple imagery, but found the editing side of it to be even more challenging. All these difficulties amounted to my eventual disliking of the topic.

Overall I have enjoyed the course of photography, despite there being some complications and difficulties during it, due to the fact that the majority of work set for us was enjoyable and not very stressful.

No comments:

Post a Comment