Wednesday 5 November 2014

Studio Contrast Work Diary

Evaluation:

I very much enjoy working in the studio, so when we were asked to take pictures of contrast in the studio, I was happy to oblige. A difference between this and what I have taken photographs of before is that, with the formal elements, I had to find them in order to take a picture of them, whereas contrast is something that can be made myself. For example, I captured the contrast of gender within this photograph:


I then came up with the idea to take photographs of the contrast between the emotions of two people. As you can see below, Nathan is shown as sad and Molly is shown as happy, which can be used as an example of contrast of emotion.


Progression:

Similarly to many of the formal elements, I found after the session that I have taken good photographs, but very little in terms of the amount. My overall aim for all of my future sessions is to take more photographs than I am at the moment, for then I have a more diverse range of photographs I can later edit in photoshop. Also, I only came up with a few separate ideas for contrast, so I would try harder to come up with more ideas if I was given the chance to work in the studio once more, to capture contrast.  An example here is tall and short. This example was taken by Jessica.


No comments:

Post a Comment