Wednesday 19 November 2014

Connecting Essay 2

Picture I Have Found:



I found this picture by searching 'Arrow On Road' into google images. Due to the boldness of the blue sky in contrast to the paleness of the grey road, it stood out to me the most out of all of the photographs of arrows on roads. An example of a formal element used here is depth. Depth is shown within the picture by having the photograph taken from a point of the road where it seems like it's getting smaller as it goes along, yet it is only getting further away. Another formal element used in this photograph is shape. Obviously, an arrow is considered a shape, so can be classed as use of one of the formal elements. Lines and texture are also examples of formal elements that can be found within the photograph.

Picture I Have Taken:



I took this picture during the shape session most recently in photography, and I was quite happy with how it came out. Even though I was trying to capture only the formal element of shape, other formal elements have been captured in the photograph, such as depth and texture. Depth is shown for the road and the arrow both appear to go inwards from wide to thin from the angle at which I have taken the photograph. Texture can be seen on the road, for the roughness of it is evident through the many holes in the ground.


Similarities:

Although I was quite proud of my own picture of the arrow on the road, I have to say that the better photograph of the two is the one I found by searching 'arrow on road' on google images. This is not only because of the far more detailed colour put into it, but also because there is a lot more scenery in the background of the picture, and mine mainly focuses on just the arrow and the road, not any of it's surroundings. However, my picture could be viewed as being the better photograph because of this fact, for many people hold the belief that less is more, and having an unexciting photograph with not much to go on is actually good.




No comments:

Post a Comment