Monday 15 September 2014

Lines Work Diary

Evaluation:

When I was asked to take pictures of lines, I immediately searched for a brick building, so I could use the lines between each brick. However, I noticed that the picture was slightly darker than I would have liked, so I decided to find a place in the sun in the hope that I would find better lines elsewhere. I liked this picture in particular due to the fact that it consists of both curved and straight lines within the building.


I then came across a rusty pipe that was directly in line with the sun, so I captured it. I really liked this picture, especially because of how the rust on the pipe looks compared to the worn out wall behind it. I also like that, although the pipe was the focus of the picture due to it's linear shape, the vines in the background also contribute towards the idea of taking pictures of lines. Each vine is a unique shape as well, making them even more interesting to capture.


The reason  I particularly liked this picture is because, although the lines and features involved are man made, and element of nature has taken over it over time, like the moss that has grown around the pipe. Lines are rather common within our environment, so the only thing I found vaguely difficult about the session was finding lines that were hidden away and difficult to locate, so I could have unique work that is not similar to those who were also part of the session.

Progression:

If I were to go out and take pictures of lines again, then I would take more pictures of natural lines rather than man made. This is because, when looking through my photos after the session, I noticed that there were far more pictures of man-made lines, and as we were outside, I would have liked to get a few more pictures of natural lines. Also, a few of my pictures were out of focus, so I would make sure to focus the lens before taking the shot. This is an example of a photograph that includes lines in nature, and is also very sharp. I found this photograph on Google images by searching with the words "Natural Lines"






No comments:

Post a Comment