Sunday 21 September 2014

Pattern Work Diary


Evaluation:

During my search for patterns within Harlow College, I wanted to find something that was both colourful and natural. After trying to take photographs of the bark of trees, I found a small flower-type plant that very much resembled the definition of a pattern. I like this picture a lot, because of how the plant itself folds in and creates the image. 



A second photo I really liked was the photo of the berries. Also fitting into the category of pattern, due to the repetition, the colours are very bold and prominent. The lines on the leaves in the background can also be classed as patterns, which, although wasn't my intention when taking the photograph, was noticed during the editing of these photos.



Progression:

If there was one thing that I regretted from the patterns session, it is that a lot of my pictures weren't focused to the extent that I would have liked. For example, although clear to see, the berries above are slightly out of focus, and given the chance, I would go out and retake the photo. There were many people that were extremely successful in grasping what is meant by the word pattern, and their work was very good. An example of this is Jess's photo of a brick wall, with the shadow of what appears to be railings being cast across it. This photo is a particular favourite of mine from the class. 



No comments:

Post a Comment