Monday 15 September 2014

Colours Work Diary

Evaluation:

Although I found this session slightly more difficult than the lines session, I definitely preferred this one and enjoyed it more. My favourite photo in the 'colours' session is definitely of a manhole cover that has been newly painted a very vibrant yellow. This is both because yellow is a favourite colour of mine and because the pattern on it looks quite nice. However, I wish I had taken the photograph at more of a straight angle, for it is quite wonky and not very aligned.



A second photo I took in that session was of a blue bin that I zoomed in. Although slightly disturbing, the patterns on the bin were colourful nonetheless, which is why I chose to take a picture of it, resulting in it actually being one of my favourites. I think that this photograph could also link to future sessions, such as texture and shape, so I will be sure to refer back to this photograph when writing about those topics.


Progression:

Other than the two pictures above, I was unhappy with my pictures from the colour session, so if I was given the chance to go out and take photos again, I would definitely search more thoroughly for more interesting colours. An example of the type of style I hoped to capture in the session is like Vandana's picture of grass. It's very colourful and features nice textures, from a good angle. This is what I would aim towards if given the chance to try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment