Sunday 21 September 2014

Depth Work Diary

Evaluation:

I found this session to be the most difficult one as of yet, due to the fact that depth is quite a difficult thing to capture itself. After using corridors and stairs, I went outside and decided I would try to create depth myself. By aligning four stones in size order in a line, I then proceeded to try and capture the picture using the sharp and blur contrast. This was the result:


After that, I came across a pipe that went up the side of a particularly tall building, and from the angle I was at, I used it to my advantage to create another photograph depicting depth:



Progression:

Most of my photographs of 'depth' were man made, so if I was given the opportunity to go out and find examples of depth again, I would try to find more natural examples. However, despite this, I was happy with my resultant photographs, and after editing them, was pleased with the overall outcome of the sharpness and blurriness within the pictures. An example of a photograph that showed natural depth is this photograph, which I found by searching "Depth in Photography" on Google images. This is what I would aspire to take photographs like.



No comments:

Post a Comment