Tuesday 23 September 2014

Form Work Diary

Evaluation:

I enjoyed this session far more than the 'depth' session, because I found that I understood the definition of the word 'form' more so than the word 'depth'. As soon as I went out to take photographs, I came across a door with a metal barrier across it. In between the barrier and the door were shadows, as a result of the barrier. I like this photo in particular because I believe the picture grasps what is meant by the word 'form'.

After I took a few photos of that, I saw a wall that had shadows on it as a result of the metal stairs, with banisters, above it. I like this photograph as well because it looks very 3 dimensional and is quite sharp in comparison to some of the others.


Progression:

If I was given the chance to go out and capture photographs of 'form' again, I would try to find 
something more than contrasts between shadow and light. The majority of my photographs depicted this, and although I was happy with my overall results, I found that it lacked diversity. An example of work that included something other than shadows was Luke's photo, which depicted a building painted different colours from each side.


No comments:

Post a Comment