Thursday 4 December 2014

Location Contrast 2 Work Diary

Evaluation

This particular session of location contrast was very much on the natural side rather than man made. I found differences in texture of plant, for example, or differences between the colour of flowers. One of my favourite images, however, was the photograph showing the contrasts and differences between a man made and a natural ground. This difference is shown by a very clear line, which is one of the formal elements.

The second photograph shows the contrast between the colour and tone of these leaves. This photograph is particularly good in my opinion due to the sharpness shown within the leaves, as well as the clear difference shown. This is the photograph: 


Progression:

Although it was a nice change to take photographs of mostly only natural contrasts in my second location contrast shoot, I think this decision made all the pictures look very similar, due to the lack of man made objects. So if I was given the opportunity to go out and shoot location contrast once more, I would definitely include more man made objects, and less natural objects, and try and find a balance between them. An example of a photograph that has two man made objects comparing to each other is by Ellie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment