Tuesday 16 December 2014

Final Project Evaluation

Now I am at the end of this section of my photography course, I find myself happy, or at least content with the work that I have produced over the last 3 months. I think that my photography skills and overall knowledge in the subject have improved to a great extent, and I can confidently say that there are many photographs that I have taken in the last 1-2 months that I wouldn't have even thought about taking prior to the course beginning. I had no knowledge of what formal elements were, or what is considered as a formal element, but now that I reach the end of 2014, I am able to list all of them and what they are used for.

As mentioned in the pre-completion evaluation, my favourite parts of the entire course so far were the Mapplethorpe shoots (both studio and location) and both of the walks. The walks ended up being one of my favourite parts of the course due to the fact that it allowed me to extend what I could capture on my camera to more natural places. The Mapplethorpe shoots ended up being one of my favourite parts of the course due to the fact that it was the first time that we were directly being influenced by a specific photographer, and I enjoyed trying to capture his style of photograph in both the studio and the location shoots.

I also mentioned my least favourite parts of the entire course in the pre-completion evaluation. The multiple imagery shoot was very unsuccessful for me, and I had to go out and redo the session many times due to the fact that I kept mistaking what it was entirely that I needed to do. However, by the end of the week, I managed to get it right. The editing part was also troubling for me though, so it therefore became one of the most stressful parts of the entire session, and therefore one of my least favourite parts too.

Overall I have liked my a level photography experience so far, and out of all of my subjects, I find it to be my favourite, which I did not originally expect when joining the course. Whenever there is work set for us, it is always explained in great detail what it is we have to do in order to complete it to the best quality, which is always helpful. To conclude, I have enjoyed the majority of the photography lessons a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment