Monday 15 December 2014

Connecting Essay 5

Photograph I Took:


I took this photograph during the contrast session, looking at the contrast between wet and dry. This is one of my favourite photographs because at the time of taking it, I hadn't expected it to turn out as sharp as it did, and it ended up capturing much more than I had thought it would. Aside from contrast, the formal elements that can be found here are colour, pattern, and shape. All of these are seen on the both leaves, and due to the vast amount of formal elements, it has become one of my favourite photographs since I began the course.

Photograph I Found:


I found this photograph by searching for 'water droplet on leaf' on google images. This photograph includes the formal elements of colour, texture, pattern and shape. These formal elements can be found on the big leaf in the photograph. Texture is used to portray how something feels, whereas colour and pattern are used for more artistic purposes. The shape of the leaf allows me to categorise the photograph into the shape category.


Similarities:

These photographs could be considered similar to each other due to the fact that they both include the formal elements of colour, shape and pattern. However, texture is seen more in the photograph I found on the internet, therefore making that photograph a better picture than mine, due to the fact that other than texture, the photographs share the same formal elements. In order to improve upon my photograph, I would try to somehow include texture in my photograph, perhaps by getting closer to the leaves or taking it from a different angle.



No comments:

Post a Comment