Thursday 11 December 2014

Connecting Essay 3



Photograph I Have Found:


I obtained this photograph through searching for 'Footprint in the Sand' in google images. This photograph has a few formal elements that I will list. The first noticeable formal element is texture, which can be seen in the sand itself. Texture is used to allow the viewer to be able to see how something physically feels in a photograph. The second noticeable formal element is lines. A line can be seen going through the footprint, which means this photograph can fit into the formal element category of lines. The third formal element is shape. The shape of the human footprint itself falls into the shape category.

Photograph I Took:



I took this photograph in the 'Shape' session. This photograph has a few formal elements that I will list. The first noticeable formal element is reflection, which can be seen in the heel of the footprint in the sand. Reflection is used to show a copy or repeat of something within water, glass or just a mirror. The second noticeable formal element is texture, which is seen within the shoe prints pattern. Pattern is the third formal element, which is seen in the actual shape of the shoe, with shape being the final formal element within the photograph.

Similarities:

There are many similarities between both of the photographs, but seeing as my photograph evidently has more formal elements, I have to say that my photograph could be better than the one I found on the internet. They are similar in the aspects of texture and shape. The photographs differ somewhat due to the fact that the first photograph shows a footprint without shoes or socks, which is evident due to the fact we can see toes. The second photograph shows a footprint with a shoe, however, which is evident due to the fact that we can see the patterns left from the patterns from the bottom of the shoe within the sand and mud.


No comments:

Post a Comment